POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catacombs : Re: Catacombs Server Time
2 Aug 2024 20:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Catacombs
From: Alain
Date: 8 Mar 2007 18:45:05
Message: <45f0a001$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 08-03-2007 06:29:
> Hello,
>
> I started this image to find a way to do better doorway openings in walls
> rather than just csg a hole using a cylinder and box. The bricks came from a
> scene I did about three years ago when I did a landscaping project (raised
> flower bed) and wanted to experiment with different layouts without lugging
> bricks around. The candles started out as point lights but yikes the wild
> shadows ..... converted them to area lights with some improvement .....
> jitter smoothed out the banding. Anyway I'm pretty pleased with the results.
>
> Jim

The sides of your archway are going to collapse. The stones in the vertical
parts must have horizontal joints or they will slide in bringing the whole thing
down.
DLM mentioned a lacking keystone, I think that it's there, just not oversized
like in most cases. That oversizing often have no other reason than an aestetic
one...

--
Alain
A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.